My little 10 year old brother recently wanted me to teach him how to cook, so naturally I start with chocolate chip cookies. Completely from scratch, I got this recipe from my high school Foods class.
I made him wear one of my aprons 😉
Yield: about 15 cookies
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 of 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter, brown sugar, & sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture. Mix only until combined.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
7. Drop dough onto cookie sheet.
8. Bake in oven 8-10 minutes.