Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and it seems like everyone is either happily in love, or pity-party single. Well that last one is just down right depressing to me. So what if you’re single on Valentine’s Day? It’s really not the worst thing in the world. Let me tell you what is the worst thing in the world.
- Nuclear Bombs.
- World War.
- Death of a loved one.
- The Smurfs. (No offense if you love the Smurfs but they are terrible. I don’t know why you would love them but I guess those people do exist. Again, no offense. And by saying no offense I realize it’s offensive…just never mind.)
- Donald Trump running for president.
- Lots of other things.
I mean just look at Taylor Swift! She focused on her career, friends, and herself and was really happy! And only then, when she was completely happy with herself, did she fall in love with Calvin Harris. Just look at it this way:
“Have you heard of the Loneliest Whale? There’s this whale – I think Adrian Grenier is making a documentary about it. It swims through the ocean, and it has a call unlike any other whale’s. So it doesn’t have anyone to swim with. And everybody feels so sorry for this whale – but what if this whale is having a great time? Because it’s not bad that I’m not hopelessly in love with someone. It’s not a tragedy, and it’s not me giving up and being a spinster. Although I did get another cat.” -Taylor Swift, Rolling Stone Interview
So you don’t have a boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse. Let me tell you why you shouldn’t hate Valentine’s Day.
In most cases, you have at least one of the following:
- You have a family who loves you.
- You have friends who love you.
- You have a pet or pets that love you.
- Someone loves you.
If you don’t have any of the above, then I love you.
So there. Valentine’s Day isn’t just about being in love with someone, it’s about the celebration of love itself. And if all else fails, you can always love yourself. Even if all else doesn’t fail, you should still love yourself. Always love yourself.
This song is hella inspirational. I can’t jam out to it anymore without crying. And who says you have to have a man? This dog don’t need one!
So anyway….here’s how you should treat yourself this Valentine’s Day.
- Clear your schedule
- Put on your favorite outfit that makes you feel the most confident
- Go shopping
- Buy at least one or two things that you really, really want but know you probably shouldn’t buy.
- Book a spa treatment whether it be a mani-pedi or a full body massage…
- Or….you can have your own spa day in the comfort of your own home!
- Get a glass of wine (or sparkling grape juice if you’re not of age)
- Grab some sweet treats like cookies, macaroons, or ice cream
- I recommend Talenti Gelato. My favorite flavor is Salted Carmel.
- Curl up on your couch with your favorite movie(s).
- Example: My last Valentine’s Day looked like this…
- And this… actually, this wasn’t Valentine’s Day but it works!
- Can’t decide what to watch?
- Disney princess movies are always a good idea.
- Audrey Hepburn movies such as Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Funny Face, Sabrina, etc.
- The Notebook, The Last Song, really any Nicholas Sparks movie that will make you feel all the feels.
- About Time. One of the best movies ever. My personal favorite. It taught me so much about the true meaning of life and the key to happiness. It doesn’t seem like much at first glance, but it will tear you apart with the feels and make you want to love every thing and everyone. Just what one needs on a Valentine’s Day alone. Trust me on this one.
Also…Alternate Valentine’s Day? Galentine’s Day!
And that’s it! But I must warn you, days such as this are best celebrated when in the presence of the ones you love.
If you’re still having trouble being alone/single this Valentine’s Day, just remember that I’ve never ever in my 20 years of living have had a boyfriend. No first kiss, still a virgin, never been in love. And look how happy I am! (That wasn’t sarcastic by the way). If I can live with it then you can too! We’ll find love one day! Let’s not be bitter. This Valentine’s Day, let’s celebrate love!