I remember summers at my grandparent’s house when they would bust out the ole ice cream churn while we cooled off in the pool. It always took forever and the ice cream still turned out soupy.
With this simple and easy recipe, there’s no churn needed! You can make any ice cream you want and it looks like perfection!
So here’s the secret: It’s only two ingredients! Heavy cream or whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. Add any flavor you want, then freeze! See? Easy as pie!
So let’s get started. If you’re having trouble coming up with ice cream flavors, click here for 19 flavor inspirations.
You can also check out this video playlist I created showing 7 different ice cream recipes from Delish for a break down of the recipe and fun flavors to try. Including Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream, Cookie Monster Ice Cream, Thin Mint Ice Cream, Mudslide Ice Cream, Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream, Hot Cocoa Ice Cream, and Oreogasmic Ice Cream!
I also really like Half Baked Harvest’s No Churn Ice Cream 5 Ways.
Now let’s get to it. I’m going to use the Sea Salt, Honey, and Dark Chocolate Chunk recipe from Half Baked Harvest. Just because it looks and sounds heavenly. I added caramel to make more of a sea salt/caramel flavor because I’m obsessed with sea salt caramel so I’m adding it to the recipe.
Sea Salt, Honey, and Dark Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts of ice cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Mix the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk together in a medium bowl.
- Add vanilla, honey, caramel, and sea salt to the bowl and whisk together in either a hand or stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
I love this recipe because the ice cream is smooth, soft, and delicious!
And that’s pretty much it. As long as you have heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk, you can create any ice cream flavor you can imagine!
Now go make all the ice cream your little heart desires!