Taylor Swift is queen of everything, especially cookie baking. (Click here to see her recipe for Chai Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Egg Nog Icing.)
Since it’s October and the pumpkin everything has begun, I figured It would be fun to bake Taylor’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
So here is her recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, courtesy of Food Network.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-2 dark or semi-sweet chocolate bars chopped in different sized chucks *Taylor’s altercation*
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes. Take the cookies off with a spatula and cool them on wire racks.